Social Media Manager
The TL; DR version: We’re hiring a social media manager who plays by our House Rules. We need someone with hands-on experience building and managing online communities who’s ready to innovate best practices and infuse creativity. Previous agency experience preferred. Think you’ve got what it takes to help us exceed client expectations? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with “Social Media Manager” in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for someone with at least two years of previous social media/community management experience who would thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for working with the Client Services Supervisor and internal account team(s) to implement paid and organic social strategies for a variety of clients — both B2B and B2C. Must be quick-thinking, adaptable, detail-oriented and able to produce high-quality work/results.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest social media manager? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your responsibilities will include:
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Provide support and mentoring to your co-workers as needed.
- Celebrate successes.
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are met and expectations are consistently exceeded.
- Support positive client relationships through the delivery of high quality work, and social media engagement results.
- Support the Client Services Supervisor through consistent communications and prompt attention to client and internal/team needs.
- Serve as a client facing contact for specific clients as assigned.
- Manage projected hours effectively each month to help ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
- Develop results-driven reports for clients (monthly and campaign-specific).
- Function within the client’s existing social structure, while also following Geben’s expectations and management process (and of course, adapting as needed!).
- Develop and implement social strategies (paid and organic) that support client goals -- ensuring you’re reaching the right targets through the right mediums with the right messaging.
- Craft and execute creative social media content calendars as well as social listening/engagement guidelines.
- Work with your team at Geben, as well as the client, to staff the weekday and weekend hours when social media channels need to be managed to ensure efficient, responsive community management.
- Adhere to quality assurance processes to maintain a high standard of work -- focusing on creativity, quick response times, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Social Media Manager in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!