Senior Account Manager
The TL;DR version: We’re hiring a senior account manager who plays by our House Rules. We need innovative leaders who can jump in and oversee account teams for startups and big brands – especially those who want to embrace the crazy and bring new, outside-the-box ideas and strategic thinking to the table. Media relations, social media and 5-7+ years of previous agency experience required. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Senior Account Manager in the subject line
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with 5-7+ years previous agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for building and nurturing client relationships, overseeing the development of client strategy and tactical implementation, and managing/mentoring other associates. Clients would include multiple B2B and consumer brands, tech startups and nonprofits, among others. We deliver a host of traditional and digital services — with heavy emphasis on media relations and social media — that innovate best practices and deliver meaningful results for our clients.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account manager responsibilities will include:
Internal (Culture and Business Development)
- Provide mentoring support to Account Managers, Social Media Managers, Account Executives and Account Coordinators as needed.
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same. Lead by example.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Support business development initiatives as necessary.
- Celebrate successes.
- Oversee the management of client strategy and implementation, ensuring deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Develop positive partnerships with each client through the delivery of high quality work, consistent communications and prompt attention to client needs.
- Work with teams to manage retainer budgets, providing recommendations on how best to manage hours/work within the given month.
- Ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and within the allotted retainer hours.
- Oversee development of results-driven monthly reports for assigned clients.
- Identify opportunities to build agency revenue through organic client growth -- identifying and initiating opportunities to pull in social/paid support, managing freelancers, identifying mushroom opportunities, etc.
- Stay abreast of trends relevant to clients’ businesses, and share with clients when necessary. As appropriate, leverage trends to identify real-time marketing opportunities for clients.
- Stay abreast of PR- and social media- industry (traditional and digital) trends to stay ahead of industry developments and bring new and forward-thinking ideas to clients.
- Lead development of client strategies aligned with the right targets, channels and messaging.
- Coach supporting team members to build and cultivate relationships with media, analysts and key influencers across industries relevant to your clients.
- Work with the Media Relations Supervisor to oversee media strategies to ensure client teams are reaching the right targets through the right mediums with the right messaging. Once in place, research and develop compelling, news-worthy storylines to deliver earned media opportunities for clients.
- Oversee outreach efforts for client teams - if an Account Manager, Account Executive or Account Coordinator is doing the actual outreach, outline the steps needed to generate results, from building relationships to providing best practices on how to reach media.
- Support development of communications materials by the account team (e.g. press release, fact sheet, key messages, social guidelines, etc), providing review to ensure material adheres to the quality assurance process to maintain a high standard of work.
- Oversee development of social media content calendars and guidelines; ensure Account Managers, Social Media Managers, Account Executives and Account Coordinators are implementing social strategy and managing social channels effectively.
- Work with the Client Services Supervisor to develop and execute creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility at events and within relevant communities.
- Propose and manage execution of creative content marketing concepts that support PR goals.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Senior Account Manager in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!