Paid Social Specialist
The TL; DR version: Are you a self-starter who gets excited about creating paid social campaigns that deliver real results? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
We’re looking to add an expert to our team who brings direct experience creating, developing and executing paid social media campaigns. Budget management and reporting is key. While agency experience is helpful, it isn’t required. You probably have 4+ years’ experience. You definitely thrive in a forward-thinking, fast-paced environment. At Geben, every day is different and you’ll get to work with some of the best innovators in the industry (who also know how to have fun!).
Here’s why you’ll love working at Geben Communication:
· Our House Rules
· Geben Loves Families – 10 weeks paid leave, birth or adoption, mom or dad
· #GiveMoreGrowMore - 30 hours of paid volunteer time
· Inspacation – a required week-long sabbatical to rest and recharge
· Top Boutique PR Firm in Central Ohio (Columbus CEO)
· Top 10 Agency for Startups (Agency Post)
· Media Relations Agency of the Year (Ragan Communications)
The full story: This position is ideal for someone with at least four years of previous paid social experience who would thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for working with Geben's account managers to develop and execute paid social strategies for a variety of clients — both B2B and B2C. Must be quick-thinking, adaptable, detail-oriented and able to produce high-quality work/results.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest social media manager? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your responsibilities will include:
Strategy + Implementation
As paid social specialist, you’ll partner with clients and team members to develop paid social campaigns that achieve goals, like driving revenue, customer acquisition and network growth. You’ll enjoy freedom and autonomy to test, iterate and innovate.
- Collaborate with account managers to understand client goals and develop paid social strategies to achieve those objectives (e.g. sales conversions, new customer acquisitions, brand awareness, etc.)
- Plan smart. Implement smarter. In other words, plan, manage and optimize paid campaigns across a variety of social media platforms (including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube).
- Develop budget recommendations, perform pacing checks and manage any budget changes required between platforms.
- Implement tracking and conversion pixels from major social ad platforms.
- Get creative. Conceptualize creative for social campaigns and work with internal and external teams to put together all the right combination of assets.
- Continuously monitor and measure the effectiveness of paid social campaigns to ensure we’re reaching the right targets through the right channels with the right messaging -- offering guidance to improve outputs and outcomes in support of the established strategy.
- Translate data into actionable insights and recommendations that demonstrate a thorough understanding of the client’s goals, platform capabilities, and results.
- Take advantage of opportunities to present at Geben Grows meetings on new trends in platforms, paid social opportunities, or share articles in our #freshreads Slack channel or cool campaigns in the #innovativecampaigns channel.
- Leverage these trends to create touchpoints with clients that set the stage for organic growth.
- Each Friday, share what inspired you this week – a team member, a current event, or maybe your #Inspacation.
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same. Always lead by example.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Participate in Geben’s mentoring program
- Always celebrate successes (ask about our gong!)
- Build strong, lasting relationships with clients by identifying opportunities to surprise and delight them, lead creative brainstorming efforts, and connect them with new people and opportunities.
- Simply put, take ownership of delivering the highest possible quality of service and work by ensuring deliverables and results are produced on time, are accurate, visually appealing, and clear and succinct.
- Results matter. Every month, we put special emphasis on delivering Geben Impact Reports to our clients – short, data-driven recap reports that deliver insights and recommendations for fine-tuning strategy moving forward. Additionally, campaign-specific recap reports may be needed for certain clients.
- Manage projected hours and social advertising budgets effectively each month to help ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work and allotted budget.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Paid Social Specialist in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!