The TL;DR version: As the CEO of a growing company, and someone fiercely committed to doing good in the community, Heather needs additional support to make sure everything gets done … and gets done well. We are looking for a self-reliant, resourceful, highly organized individual to help Heather maximize her time, effectiveness and sanity. The ideal candidate balances urgency with calm … independence with collaboration. He or she enjoys leveraging technology to increase efficiencies and thrives in a fast-paced environment where priorities are likely to shift. Do you get excited when making someone else’s day easier? Are you motivated to do well by doing good? Then this may be the role for you!
Here’s why you’ll love working at Geben Communication:
- Our House Rules
- Geben Loves Families – 10 weeks paid leave, birth or adoption, mom or dad
- #GiveMoreGrowMore - 30 hours of paid volunteer time
- Inspacation – In addition to unlimited time off, an annual, required week-long sabbatical to rest and recharge (which includes a stipend for whatever inspires you)
- Top Boutique PR Firm in Central Ohio (Columbus CEO)
- Top 10 Agency for Startups (Agency Post)
- Media Relations Agency of the Year (Ragan Communications)
Want to do work that matters with people you’ll like? Email your resume to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Executive Assistant in the subject line.
The full story: We’re hiring a Columbus-based addition and an integral member of the Geben team! The Executive Assistant must exemplify the highest standards of honesty, integrity and discretion. Acting as an extension of Heather, this person needs to be detail-oriented with a track-record of tackling complex assignments. Heather needs to trust that when you say you’ll do something, you’ll do it – and do it right the first time. The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced environment, and can make quick decisions to provide seamless support.
- Declutter Heather’s inbox by reviewing, highlighting, prioritizing and processing emails in a timely manner. When appropriate draft emails or suggest next steps.
- Protect and conserve Heather’s time by maintaining calendar/appointment schedule; optimizing planning and scheduling meetings, conferences and calls. This person will proactively confirm meetings, and help Heather prep for meetings. He or she will also support Heather’s commitment to health, helping find time to ride her bike or go to the gym.
- Provide professional personal assistant services (e.g., picking up lunch, shipping personal packages, picking up and delivering dry cleaning, car maintenance, purchasing gifts, etc.).
- Coordinate travel, including air, hotel and transportation. Proactively assist with other scheduling or logistics involved in traveling.
- Willingly lead (or support as appropriate) special projects that may involve nonprofits, community advocacy or multiple members of Geben’s team.
- Act as backup for the Director of Hospitality; covering the front desk or supporting other teammates as needed.
- Provide administrative support, including tracking expenditures and submitting expense reports, and ensuring effective meetings by note taking, tracking follow up items, etc.
- Partner with Heather on non-profit/advocacy work. This may include scheduling board meetings, aiding in event planning, staying abreast of news/updates pertaining to causes and suggesting new contacts/touchpoints to connect with.
- 3+ years of relevant experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Conversational writing style
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Business acumen
- High attention to detail
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Previous experience at an entrepreneurial company and/or a creative company
- Interest in supporting nonprofits, particularly focused on women’s issues, workplace policies and/or equality.
Role may occasionally require working non-standard hours (evening or morning events, appointments, etc.
Want to do work that matters and with people you'll like? Email your resume to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Executive Assistant in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!