Account Manager B2B Practice
The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account manager who plays by our House Rules. We need a self-starter who can jump in and lead B2B accounts … especially someone who wants to innovate best practices, embrace the crazy and bring new, outside-the-box ideas to the table. B2B media relations/social media and 2-5+ years of previous agency experience required. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with “B2B Account Manager” in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with 2-5+ years previous agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for leading our B2B account practice, including: building and nurturing client relationships, participating in client strategy development, overseeing tactical implementation and managing/mentoring other associates. Your clients would include both startups and big brands, all with a heavy emphasis on B2B.
We deliver a host of traditional and digital PR services — with heavy emphasis on media relations — that innovate best practices and deliver meaningful results for our clients. What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account manager responsibilities will include:
- Monitor trends relevant to our clients’ industries
- Track and nurture relationships with key influencers in multiple industries
- Monitor digital PR trends. (We want everyone at Geben – across all levels – to understand how the industry continues to evolve.)
- Build and cultivate relationships with media in target verticals and at key outlets
- Research and write compelling storylines to pique media interest
- Conduct media outreach to secure editorial placements for clients
- Draft/edit media materials as needed
- Develop and execute creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility with key audiences and at industry events
- Propose content marketing concepts that can help achieve PR goals
- Identify and build relationships with industry analysts relevant to your clients
- Develop partnerships with each of your clients
- Deliver results-driven monthly reports for clients
- Work with the VP of Client Strategy to manage project timelines and budgets
- Track retainer hours against scope of work
- Identify organic growth opportunities for existing clients
- Support new business development efforts as needed
- Provide constructive guidance and mentoring to other agency associates
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Why work at Geben? Plenty of agencies offer traditional and digital PR services, so what makes Geben special? For starters, it’s the House Rules we’ve created and play by. Additionally:
- A fresh approach to best practices. Like our clients, we believe in disrupting the status quo. ”The way it’s always been done” is a non-starter in our office. Instead, we’re focused on innovating best practices and blending traditional and digital PR tactics to help our clients achieve their business goals.
- Design your day. Employees are encouraged to identify their most productive space — whether that’s a coffee shop, their home or somewhere else — and work from there at least once a week. Work when you’re most productive, where you’re most productive. Focus on results, not billable hours.
- No jerks allowed. We have a strict “no jerks” policy. There are too many opportunities and too many amazing people in our industry to waste time working with people who don’t follow The Golden Rule.
- A fun, creative and collaborative environment. At Geben, you’re encouraged to think creatively and propose new, outside-the-box ideas to clients. We work hard, but we also believe in celebrating successes (often with a glass of wine in hand!). Brainstorming is a regular occurrence. So are team lunches and happy hours. We’re very different from most agencies, but that’s a good thing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager B2B Practice in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!