The TL;DR version: We’re hiring an account manager who plays by our House Rules. We need self-starters who can jump in and lead accounts for startups and big brands – especially those who want to innovate best practices, embrace the crazy and bring new, outside-the-box ideas to the table. Media relations, social media and 2-5+ years of previous agency experience required. Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with 2-5+ years previous agency experience who would thrive in a non-corporate, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for building and nurturing client relationships, developing client strategy, overseeing tactical implementation and managing/mentoring other associates. Your clients would include multiple B2B and consumer brands, tech startups and nonprofits, among others. We deliver a host of traditional and digital services — with heavy emphasis on media relations and social media — that innovate best practices and deliver meaningful results for our clients.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, but some of your account manager responsibilities will include:
Internal (Culture and Business Development)
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same. Lead by example.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Provide support and mentoring to Account Coordinators and Account Executives as needed.
- Celebrate successes.
- Manage client strategy and plan implementation, ensuring deadlines are met and expectations are exceeded.
- Develop positive partnerships with each client through the delivery of high quality work, consistent communications and prompt attention to client needs.
- Ensure work done for clients is within the approved scope of work.
- Lead development of results-driven monthly reports for clients.
- Work with the Client Services Supervisor to manage retainer budgets.
- Stay abreast of trends relevant to your individual clients’ businesses, and share with clients when necessary. As appropriate, leverage trends to identify real-time PR and social media opportunities for clients.
- Stay abreast of PR- and social media-industry (traditional and digital) trends to stay ahead of industry developments and bring new and forward-thinking ideas to clients.
Strategy & Implementation
- Draft communications materials as needed (e.g. press release, fact sheet, key messaging documents, social guidelines, etc).
- Work with the Media Relations Supervisor to develop client media strategies to ensure we’re reaching the right targets through the right mediums with the right messaging. Once in place, research and develop compelling, news-worthy storylines to deliver earned media opportunities for clients.
- Oversee media outreach efforts for client teams - if an Account Coordinator or Account Executive is doing the actual outreach, outline the steps needed to generate results, from building relationships to providing best practices on how to reach media.
- Lead and support the development/implementation of the client’s social strategy (paid/organic), focusing on quick response times, attention to detail, and a high level of accuracy.
- Oversee implementation of social media content and guidelines -- ensuring content is creative and strategic while managing social channels effectively.
- Build and cultivate relationships with media and key influencers across industries relevant to your clients.
- Adhere to the quality assurance process to maintain a high standard of work.
- Identify and build relationships with industry analysts relevant to your clients’ businesses and ensure clients remain on their radars throughout the contract duration.
- Work with the Client Services Supervisor to develop and execute creative ideas to help clients maximize visibility at events and within relevant communities.
- Propose and manage execution of creative content marketing concepts that support PR goals.
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume, a 140-word cover letter and two writing samples to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!