The TL;DR version: Are you a self-starter who enjoys motivating teams to develop communications strategies that deliver real results? If so, we’d love to hear from you.
Typically, we look for account managers with 4+ years of experience at other agencies or within a communications discipline at forward-thinking, fast-paced organizations. At Geben, every day is different and you get to work with some of the best innovators in the industry (who also know how to have fun!).
Here’s why you’ll love working at Geben Communication:
- Our House Rules
- Geben Loves Families – 10 weeks paid leave, birth or adoption, mom or dad
- #GiveMoreGrowMore - 30 hours of paid volunteer time
- Flexible work schedule, sick time and vacation days
- Inspacation – a required week-long sabbatical to rest and recharge
- Top Boutique PR Firm in Central Ohio (Columbus CEO)
- Top 10 Agency for Startups (Agency Post)
- Media Relations Agency of the Year (Ragan Communications)
Think you’ve got what it takes to help us exceed client expectations? Email your resume to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.
The full story: This position is ideal for a self-starter with 4+ years of experience leading PR and communication strategy and who would thrive in a creative, fast-paced, results-driven environment. In this role, you’d be responsible for building and nurturing client relationships, developing client communication strategy, overseeing tactical implementation and managing/mentoring fellow Gebens. Your clients would be a unique mix of organizations, from nascent startups to Fortune 500s, include multiple B2B and consumer brands, tech startups and nonprofits. We deliver a host of traditional and digital services — with heavy emphasis on media relations and social media — that innovate best practices and deliver meaningful results for our clients.
What will you be doing as Geben’s newest team member? Every day is different, which keeps it fun and fresh, and some of your account manager responsibilities will include:
Strategy & Implementation
As an account manager, you’ll partner with clients and team members to blend traditional and digital communications with creative social content strategies all while building relationships with the top online influencers and media outlets across the country.
- Partner with Geben’s media relations specialists to develop owned and earned media strategies that capitalize on the right message with the right audience at the right time.
- Support the development and implementation of creative organic/paid social media content strategies.
- Craft compelling content for media pitches, bylines, ghostwritten articles, email and social campaigns, press releases, video scripts, messaging, and more.
- When our clients invest in events, we make sure they do it big – creating event visibility ideas, connecting them with industry icons and media while at the show, and building their presentations and writing their speeches.
- Propose creative content marketing concepts that educate and build awareness of our client’s expertise in their industry.
- Build strong, lasting relationships with clients by identifying opportunities to surprise and delight them, lead creative brainstorming efforts, and connect them with new people and opportunities.
- Simply put, take ownership of delivery the highest possible quality of service and work by ensuring deliverables and results are produced on-time, are accurate, visually appealing, and clear and succinct.
- Results matter. Every month, we put special emphasis on delivering Geben Impact Reports to our clients – short, data-driven recap reports that deliver insights and recommendations for fine-tuning strategy moving forward.
Internal (Culture and Business Development)
- Take advantage of opportunities to present at Geben Grows meetings on new trends in communication and technology or share articles in our #freshreads Slack channel or cool campaigns in the #innovativecampaigns channel.
- Leverage these trends to create touch points with clients that set the stage for organic growth.
- Each Friday, share what inspired you this week – a team members, a current event, or maybe your #Inspacation.
- Personify Geben’s House Rules and inspire others on the team to do the same. Always lead by example.
- Support an environment of people and teams that value collaboration, teamwork, and exceeding client expectations.
- Participate in Geben’s mentoring program
- Always celebrate successes (ask about our gong!)
This is a salaried position with competitive benefits, including healthcare, 401K and profit-sharing.
Want to join us at the intersection of traditional and digital PR? Email your resume to JoinTheTeam@gebencommunication.com with Account Manager in the subject line.
View this description as a general overview, but not a mandatory comprehensive list. If you feel passionate about our efforts and believe that you have the skills to contribute and lead in this role apply! We want to hear from you!